Why natural cosmetics?
Posted on / Posté le January 08 2019
People who deeply care about their health avoid foods that contain products they can’t pronounce. Why not doing the same with our skin that absorbs the same amount of chemicals?
The average person uses about eight personal skin care products a day, which means they expose themselves to about 115 different chemicals, most of which are harmful and even dangerous. They can cause allergies, dermatitis, acne, hives and contribute to the deterioration of the skin. Some cosmetic brands even use lead and chromium, very carcinogenic agents.
Natural products provide many benefits for our health, the environment and the fair trade.
Why using natural and organic cosmetics?
Access to information has made consumers more aware of what they include in their bodies and that’s why they are more and more avoiding harmful substances with side effects on their health. The skin is a natural barrier between us and the outside environment, it absorbs a great part of the chemicals we are exposed to every day. Many scientific studies about the continued use of synthetic substances linked to diverse types of immune system diseases or allergies can be found.
There are evidences that organic medicinal plants contain up to 100 times more active molecule concentration than conventional synthetic cosmetics, opening a new era exposing the effectiveness of natural substances competing with synthetic actives. That’s why more and more cosmetic companies decide to research and develop the power of plants and implement them with the best technology to create powerful and wonderful natural cosmetics.
The benefits of bio-cosmetics:
Natural cosmetics nourish and detoxify your skin naturally. They provide nutrients that restore vital function of the dermis, and a healthier appearance through natural active ingredients that help oxygenate the skin.
- Natural cosmetics improve cellular functions. A healthy cell with a correct metabolism strengthens your immune system, being able to deal with external aggression in a more effective and more energetic way, for example when it comes to neutralizing free radicals.
- Natural cosmetics improve the tone and reduce the skin shininess.
- The ingredients of certified organic cosmetics often come from fair trade supporting small disadvantaged local economies.
-The use of natural cosmetics without parabens and without chemicals minimizes pollution significantly and protects the environment.
- Natural cosmetics are not tested on animals. It’s a cosmetic committed to the environment in a global way, that is to say to not generate impact on terrestrial and marine fauna and flora.
Ecology and organic cosmetic: short and long-term effectiveness
Sometimes, we look for "in situ" results, we want the results to be instantaneous, but we can’t forget that perseverance, effective use of cosmetics, well implemented routines (and happiness) are our best weapons to keep us healthy both inside and outside. Thus, it’s easy to understand that a substance that the body doesn’t recognize as "similar" can’t have the same impact on the skin as active natural ingredients. If the cell recognizes a natural substance as "friend", it will not only interact with more effectiveness but create a livable synergy over time.
We give an example: the conventional lipsticks contain oil and lead which soften lips' sensitive skin creating a temporary "perfect lip" effect, but they create a rebound effect because the substances they contain are like a rain coat, very soft but they don’t allow hydration and therefore the skin will fold dry. When the silicone is gone, the dryness feeling will increase, and a vicious cycle of addiction is created.
Natural cosmetic ingredients such as oils, fats and herbal extracts are moisturizing, restorative, and prevent the skin peeling with their non-addictive emollient action.
Properties of healthy, non-toxic cosmetics
Have you ever considered the amount of harmful substances you put on your skin? The skin is the organ that protects us from external aggressions, which is exposed daily to thousands of good and harmful substances: make-up, gels, deodorants, toothpastes or fragrances that are full of endocrine disruptors entering the bloodstream and interfering with the proper functioning of our hormones. Conventional cosmetics are filled with synthetic fragrances and other chemicals such as propylene glycol, ceteareth or toxic preservatives that the skin doesn’t recognize as similar and responds poorly to their presence. Using cosmetics without toxic ingredients has many health benefits:
- They prevent diseases such as cancer, infertility or allergies of several types.
- Strengthen the functioning of the immune system.
- They release the skin toxins letting it breathe, in a few days the skin is brighter.
- Non-toxic cosmetics without silicones and Vaseline act against acne by allowing pores to breathe.
- When you switch from a conventional product to natural products, they’ll help your body to free itself from accumulated toxins.